Not long now until Christmas Eve and at Kelly’s of Cornwall, we’re feeling festive. It doesn’t often snow here in the South West, but we’re not letting that stop us – we’ve been having fun using our ice cream to make snowmen that are good enough to eat.
Why not make some when the kids are at home for the holidays? We can’t predict it’ll be a white Christmas, but we do know you’ll enjoy building these chilly, cheery characters.
You’ll have to be quick – the swifter you are, the sooner you can eat it!
1. Create a hat by using a cocktail stick to join a chocolate coin and rounded chocolate to make a bowler. Leave enough stick to attach it to the snowman later
2. Snip the ends of a red liquorice ribbon to fashion a scarf
3. Find chocolate buttons, chocolate drops or jelly sweets to make your snowman’s features
4. Scoop out three balls of Kelly’s clotted cream ice cream (optional: place them on a plate before putting them back in the freezer to harden for 30 minutes)
5. Assemble the ice cream balls on top of one another, using cocktail sticks for extra sturdiness
6. Add your snowman’s eyes, nose and mouth as well as his hat and scarf
7th December, 2015