Kelly's of Cornwall
Get a taste of juicy apricots with this scrumptious flan.
For the pastry:
250g plain flour
60g caster sugar
160g cold butter
pinch of salt
drop or two of vanilla essence
For the filling:
800g ripe apricots, quartered
Juice of 1 lemon
Butter for greasing
50g caster sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- If you have a food mixer, blend the butter with the flour and sugar, then add the other ingredients and blend until you have a slightly sticky pastry dough. Wrap in film and chill for 30 minutes.
- If you are making the pastry by hand, first rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips until it resembles fine breadcrumbs, then add the sugar and the other ingredients and mix together.
- Using plenty of butter, grease a tart tin and sprinkle with a little caster sugar. When you’re ready to roll out the pastry until thin and prick the pastry with a fork and chill.
- Place the prepared apricots evenly into the pastry case.
- In a large bowl with an electric whisk combine the other ingredients until you have a thick batter like consistency.
- Pour over the apricots and bake for around 45 minutes until golden brown, light and fluffy. Dust with icing sugar and leave to cool.
Serve warm or cold with Kelly’s of Cornwall Clotted Cream Ice Cream
Tags: apricot flan, clotted cream, cornish, Cornish recipes, cornwall recipes, ice cream, kelly's, pudding recipes